January 17, 2011

30 days of Thankfulness: day 2

this is my sweet friend, Christine. I met Christine probably about 3 years ago. My huz worked with her huz, back when we were both just dating said huz's. We went out to dinner for someone's birthday and it was sort of love at first sight. Sort of. Over those 3 years, I've been in a small group with her, gone on walks with her, gone on girl dates with her, gone on double dates with her, walked with her through a very hard time in her life, and walked with her through a very hard time in my life. She was one of the people we HAD to have at our private ceremony when we got married, and I was so blessed to walk down the aisle ( with a broken zipper :D) and support her at her own wedding. I've watched Christine grow into an amazing, encouraging, and faithful woman of God. She is so gentle and loving. I'm so blessed to have been able to walk with her and even sometimes lead and advise her in her journey to this point. 3 years ago she didn't know what she believed, and now she is working full time for a church, taking on the responsibility of the entire childrens ministry. She is passionate about missions and has gone to Africa to love and build into the people of Mamelodi, SA. She is a fun, encouraging, and uplifting friend. I'm so proud of Christine (lurve you, Chris!) and I am thankful for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment