March 28, 2011

week in photos

This week wasn't a particularly active one. The last part of the month keeps Matt at work more often, so there was a lot of cuddling and fetch playing with me and Harlem Jones. But it was a good week :) Here a few random moments from it in picture form.

I had cookies and milk for breakfast.....again. You should know by now that I have a serious cookie weakness.



I made a delicious chili. I found the original recipe on Kristens blog, and modified it just a tad.


Hung out backstage with hubby's band, The Waking Point, before their show on Saturday.




and, like I said, played lots of fetch with Harlem. We play fetch inside when it's cold out, because Harlem will not stand for the idea of not playing fetch at all for even one day. Here she is taking a quick break from our game of living room fetch...



and here she is 30 seconds later, done with break and ready to go.




Here's the recipe for that delicious chili, made in the crock pot : )

{ Brown Sugar Chili }
Crock pot: high 2 hours

1 lb extra-lean ground beef
½ c brown sugar
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
1 med-size onion, chopped
(2) 14 oz cans kidney beans, drained
1 pint low-sodium tomato juice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
3 tsp chili powder
frozen corn or drained can of corn
about a tbsp honey (I use raw honey)

Brown lean ground beef & onion in a nonstick skillet over med heat.
Stir brown sugar & mustard into beef.

Combine all ingredients into slow cooker.

Cover. Cook on high 2 hours. If convenient, stir several times during cooking.



next time I think I might add some crushed red pepper or more chili powder to add a little more heat. But it was SO good. Matt said it was some the best chili he's ever had!



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment