April 1, 2011

birthdays

This Sunday is my 26th birthday, and the beard got me tickets to see The Civil Wars as one of my gifts. They're easily in my top 5 favorite bands, probably top 3, and they're show was probably the best I've been to. They are SO good. SO SO SO good. I don't think I blinked once. I was just in awe of them. Before we went to the show we went to High Five Salon in O'bryanville so Christine could trim my hair. If you live in Cincinnati or NKY, You should go to High Five. It's not your typical salon experience. I always leave that place feeling like I'm one of the best people in the world. Everyone makes you feel gorgeous and loved and comfy. And Christine can rock out some awesome haircuts. I just love her. Plus everyone who works there is like the coolest person I've ever seen. I love that place. Do yourself a fave and go to High Five and get a haircut from Christine. You won't regret it! After that we went to dinner at PF Changs. MMMMMMMM. Lettuce Wraps. Steamed Dumplings. Kung Pao Chicken. MMMMMMMMM. That's all I can say. THEN we had dessert at Aglamesis bros. We both think they're better than Graeters. They are SOOOO yummy. We used to live a block away from them in Oakley and eating there brings back lots of memories of walking home on a HOT night eating butterscotch ice cream on a sugar cone from Aglamesis. They cooled down many a brutally humid Cincinnati evening last year. After we finished our ice cream we walked across the street to the 20th Century Theater where the show was. As we're walking in, we look up and what do ya know; there walking next to us is John Paul White ( 1/2 of The Civil Wars), and he held the door open for me. And I said I was really excited to see them play. And he said thanks. Awesome. It was such a good night. We are celebrating again Sunday starting with lunch in Oxford with my mama and then dinner at Teak with some of our closest friends. I'm so excited.

Here are some pictures from last night!

















hope your weekend is as grand as mine will be : ) xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. My hubby and I LOVE PF Changs! So yummy and those lettuce wraps are so tasty. I've heard so many lovely things about the Civil Wars, I used to listen to Joy Williams when she was a solo artist and I adore her voice. I need to check them out.....and I love how your refer to your hubby as "the beard"! Lol! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete